01. Skinny Puppy – Download [Capitol Records, 1992]
02. cEvin Key – I Still Ate Her [Nettwerk, 2000] [originally created in 1994]
03. Solarium – MUIR [Spezialmaterial Records, 2005]
04. Autechre & The Hafler Trio – æo³ [Die Stadt, 2005]
05. Frank Bretschneider – orion_spin_novo_duplex_blue_electric / lightweight_satellite. [Raster-Noton, 2010]
06. The Klinik – Decay [3Rio Records, 1985]
07. Dettinger – Oasis 6 [Kompakt , 2000]
08. Prothese – Conditionnel Humain [Art & Strategy, 2004] [originally created in 1981]
09. Skinny Puppy – Carry [Nettwerk, 1996] [originally created in 1983]
10. Severed Heads – Somehow Pain / Always Randy (1981)
11. The Klinik – Metalloid [Antler-Subway, 1989]
12. Die Form – In A Tea-Room [Bain Total, 1982]
13. Involution – Coin [Tone Casualties, 1998]
14. Involution – Mow [Tone Casualties, 1998]
15. Plateau – The OG [Sub-Conscious Communications, 2007]
16. Gridlock – Chrometaphor [Hymen Records, 2003]
17. Severed Heads – Wonder Of All The World [Nettwerk, 1991]
“Secret Thirteen Mix 013” is an agile musical compilation that consists of seventeen expressive records released between 1981 and 2010 mostly by the honoured musicians of alternative electronic music.
The author of the mix is Anders Ilar, a Swedish electronic musician and producer born 1973 in Ludvika, currently living in Gothenburg. While he grew up listening to Skinny Puppy, Kraftwerk and The Klinik, teenager Anders also started to experiment with sounds by using various synthesizers, sequencers and drum machines. Anders creates professional dance music associated with techno, minimal, ambient and IDM. Over the last decade Anders has released 10 solo albums and more than 20 vinyl records and that shows his productivity and creativeness. Anders’ music is widely published on various respected labels including Shitkatapult, Echocord, Audio.nl, Further and many more. He is a major figure in the electronic music scene who definitely has a lot to share.
“Secret Thirteen Mix 013” is an intellectual and experimental dance music compilation which extracts author’s innermost music library records. The basis of the mix stands on the intensively shaped rhythmical structures that frequently are distorted in some different ways. Starting with a chaotic work of Skinny Puppy Anders brings a peculiar confusion and from the first minute creates the sense of unexpectedness. Accurate Ander’s mixing trajectory remarkably fulfils thoughtfully crafted insane musical scenario. The consistent variations between distinctive sounds show how vast understanding about dance music can be. Selection is attributable to these days lo-fi, noisy and glitched sounding, even tracks from the early 80?s perfectly find their place in a line.
“Secret Thirteen Mix 013” is like psychological abstract painter’s Kenneth Noland works where extraordinary range of colours and at first sight simple figures turn his paintings into a new form of effective psychotherapy.